Acts 8 tells how a eunuch from Egypt had visited Jerusalem for the purpose of worship. On the journey home, he was reading from the prophet Isaiah. Philip, a deacon from Acts 6 & preacher of the Messiah, was directed by the Holy Spirit to join the chariot on the road. He overheard the eunuch reading and asked the following question: "Do you understand what your're reading?" (Acts 8:30). That is a fair question for Philip to ask. He wanted to make sure that this man understood what he was reading. However, the response of the eunuch is priceless and what you and I need to see from this section of Scripture. "How can I," he said, "unless someone guides me?" (Acts 8:31).
There are several truths to gather from these verses:
- the Holy Spirit desires for us to share Jesus with others & help others understand the truths of the Scripture
- there is a need for us to ask questions of anyone who shows an interest in religious matters
- we need to be willing to journey along with others to help them grow in the faith
Praying today for :
(1) Lake O' the Pines community of Berea
(2) State of Delaware
(3) Nation of Belize
(4) East Asian Peoples throughout the World
**A Note: My family and I will be attending a funeral of a family member on Wednesday in Louisiana; therefore there will not be a entry tomorrow.