Thursday, April 26, 2012

Salvation Experience

What were the circumstances surrounding your salvation experience? Without a doubt some people had the wonderful privilege of being raised by Christian parents who took them to church and more importantly told them about Jesus themselves. However, others did not have that Christian influence at home or church but was influenced to a salvation in Christ. So again the question is asked, what were the circumstances surrounding your salvation experience?

For me personally, God used a RA Summer Camp to show me my need for Him. I had been to church as a small child but have no memory of that time in my life. As a 10 year old, a friend had invited me to RA's on Wednesday nights; which proved to be one avenue God used to draw me to Himself. It was then that I heard the message of salvation. Although I don't remember the exact sermons preached, I do know that the following truths were brought to my attention:

  1. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
  2. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
  3. "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).
  4. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13).
Perhaps as you recall the circumstances surrounding your salvation experience or look at the what many simply call the Roman Road; you feel the Holy Spirit speaking to you about sharing your testimony with someone that doesn't know Jesus. We have a wonderful opportunity to share our salvation experience with others every day. Live out your testimony before others demonstrating what  Jesus has done in your life, what He is currently doing, and what His Word reveals He will do.

Praying Today for:
(1) Lake O' the Pines community of Big Cypress
(2) State of Florida
(3) Nation of Chad
(4) American People throughout the World

No comments:

Post a Comment