Amazing truths of God's Word unfold for us in Romans 8:12-17. In this passage we see the following phrases leap off the pages of Scripture at us:
(1) "According to the flesh, you are going to die"
(2) "By the Spirit . . . you will live"
(3) "Those led by God's Spirit are God's sons"
(4) "You received the Spirit of adoption"
(5) "We cry out, 'Abba Father!'"
(6) "The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God's children"
(7) "If children, also heirs"
Today our challenge is to read through the truths outlined above. We need to realize maybe for the first time that we really are adopted into the family of God. We are not simply here on our own but have received the Holy Spirit, who cries out from within us, "Abba, Father!" Perhaps we would say it this way: "Daddy, Daddy!" It is as if we cry up into His big arms for comfort and protection from all cares. My daughters don't have to question my love for them. They experience it day by day as we spend time together. Therefore, you and I will come to realize the love that God has for us day by day as we spend time together with Him.
The last truth is that we are heirs. We are entitled to heaven itself. This entitlement is not based on anything other than the work of salvation of Jesus upon the cross. It is because of Him that we no longer die because of sin. It is Jesus who gives us life, sends the Spirit, adopts us into the family, and guarantees eternal life.
Blessings to you today as you consider these wonderful truths.
Praying today for the:
(1) Lake O’ the Pines community of Ally Creek
(2) State of Nevada
(3) Nation of Mayotte
(4) Sub-Saharan African Peoples throughout the World
(5) Romanian gypsy village of Racatau