Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Standing in Christ

One of the most liberating verses in Scripture is found in Romans 8:1. There we read these words, "Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus." For me personally, it was many years into my journey with Christ that this verse was even remotely understood. In fact, I am still learning its full impact in my daily life.

For years there was an internal war going on within my mind and heart. Sometimes I thought I was forgiven of sin and at other times I just simply could not believe that I was really forgiven. Confusion was the tactic of the evil one to keep me weak in my faith. That weakness led to life of self-condemnation and allowed me to think that the condemnation of others was acceptable as well. 

But look closely at the words of the verse earlier. In simple East Texas language - when we come to Jesus for salvation, He gives us true freedom from the penalty of the sin that we have confessed to God. God does not dangle the sin of the past over our heads. He does not bring it back up, even when it is the same sin we are guilty of again.

There are many additional verses that have helped me to grow in how wonderful Romans 8:1 is in the Christian life. For example, Psalm 103:10-12 which read, "He has not dealt with us as our sins deserve or repaid us according to our offenses. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His faithful love toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He  removed our transgressions from us."

According to God's Word, let each of us journey ahead in the Christian life with freedom with our new standing in Christ.

Praying today for:
(1) Lake O’ the Pines community of Mims / Avinger Cutt-off
(2) State of New Hampshire
(3) Nation of Nauru
(4) Central Asian Peoples throughout the World
(5) Romanian town of Suceava


No comments:

Post a Comment