Thursday, May 17, 2012

Faith is the Key

On my key ring there are 10 keys. To some people that may seem like a large number; to others however, that may seem like a low number. The point is that each key has a purpose. I am not a person who collects keys to just look important. In some ways I wish I could rid myself of a few keys but then I wouldn't be able to get into some rooms that I need to get into from time-to-time.

You see, I have a key to the church sanctuary, fellowship hall, my office, church van, coke machine, and so forth. Each key unlocks a particular door. There have been few times when I have tried to use the fellowship hall key to unlock the door for the sanctuary. Do you know what happened? That's right - NOTHING. Trying to use the wrong key only led to frustration until I discovered that it was the wrong key.

Romans 5:1 declares, "Since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of sin. Remember from yesterday that everybody is a sinner. Everybody. No one is righteous - not even one. That is the reason Jesus came to the rescue. He rescued us from a life of sin and provided peace with God. He has done what is necessary for each and every person to have salvation. It is now through faith that we come to God for that peace. Did you notice the key? FAITH. Faith is the key that unlocks the door for salvation.

Praying Today for:
(1) Lake O' the Pines community of Eagle Landing
(2) State of New York
(3) Nation of Tanzania
(4) Sub-Saharan African Peoples throughout the World
(5) Romanian town of Suceava

No comments:

Post a Comment