Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Being Lost Described

Many people I know say that they have been saved so long that they don't even remember what it was like to be lost. Really? Growing up, I was not what you would call a bad child. For the most part I was your average boy. My friends and I did what boys do. However, there is no doubt in my mind that during the summer of my 4th grade year of school, I was made aware that I was lost and needed Jesus as my Savior. That summer I asked Jesus to forgive me of my sin and trusted in Him to be my Savior.

Since that time there have been many encounters with lost people in my life. The Bible is clear that "there is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, together they have become useless; there is no one who does good, there is not even one" (Romans 3:10-12). Lost people act like lost people. And unfortunately, many self-proclaimed "Christians" act like lost people. Notice that the Scripture says that there is not even one. No one seeks God on there own accord. This is one reason it is so important that we take the gospel to them.

The other point to be made is that whether we want to admit it or not, we once fit that description. We were just like ever lost person today - totally separated from God because of sin - useless, turning away from God, without understanding. Yet, someone shared the gospel with us. Someone made sure we had the opportunity to hear the good news.

Who is the lost person God has given you influence with? Who is waiting on us for the opportunity hearing and responding to the good news? Where does that person live?

Every lost person is equal distance from God's grace. However, some will take more effort on our part to get to with the good news. Are you ready to go? To go wherever God takes you?

PRAYING TODAY FOR:
(1) Lake O' the Pines Community of Johnson Creek / Campers
(2) State of Maine
(3) Nation of Kenya
(4) North African & Middle Eastern Peoples throughout the World
(5) Romanian Town of Onesti

No comments:

Post a Comment