Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Worthy of Praise

Today simply allow God's Word speak to you:

Psalm 18:1-3
I love You, LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my mountain where I seek refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I was saved from my enemies.

Have you experienced the reality of these verses? A number of years ago it was discovered that I had a life-altering medical condition. My diet needed to change, my routine needed change, and perhaps worse of all - I had already lost significant hearing in one ear. Needless to say, I was very discouraged about that discovery. It was the worse news.

Yet, my LORD was right there with me in that valley. He proves Himself over and over again to be my strength, when I am at my weakest. There are still days that I am very weak physically and Jesus intervenes with strength. He proves Himself to be my deliverer, my refuge, and my shield. Oh, I could write much more about how the LORD God has shown Himself "worthy of praise".

Oh, but the greatest way He has worked in my life is the reality that He is indeed my salvation. He sent His Son Jesus to live, to die, and to be raised from the dead. He died in my place on that cross. He took my sin upon Himself. And His resurrection from the dead is security that I too will live for eternity with Him as my Savior and Lord.

That leaves us with this question: Is He worthy of praise in your life?

Praying today for:
(1) Lake O' the Pines = Ally Creek
(2) State = Kansas
(3) People Group = Southeast Asian Peoples
(4) Nation = Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment